In this episode of The Miranda Ayim Podcast, Amie Latta and I discuss moving through emotional storms, techniques to increase self-awareness, and how to make an immediate impact in your community.
Amie Latta is a registered psychotherapist and a specialist in relationship and sex therapy. She is also the Director of Programs at a local not-for-profit organization and a dynamic community leader.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK
- How have you been supporting your clients through this pandemic?
- What are some practical ways we can improve our self-awareness?
- What are the questions we should be asking ourselves to prompt introspection?
- Why is community so important?
Key Discussion Points
- How to process the emotional difficulties that come with living through a pandemic
- The Perfectionism Trap
- Tracking trends in interpersonal relationships
- Using emotion as a catalyst for change
- Grounding techniques in the middle of the storm
- The specific phrase that signals a need for increased self-awareness
- The ripple effect of self-development
- How to focus on your “impactsphere”
- Creativity and community
- Plus much more…